Sustainability as a Way of Acting
In the era we live in, the planet grapples with the search for alternative forms of energy to replace those derived from fossil fuels, which directly contribute to climate change. On the other hand, these resources, once thought to be inexhaustible, are proving to be scarcer and less efficient.
Ramos Ferreira is attentive to this trend and incorporates the United Nations-approved Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into its sustainability strategy. Indeed, these SDGs are globally recognized as part of this new way of living, a new direction set for the coming years that will guide us towards an era more environmentally friendly, ensuring a high quality of life for future generations.
This is how, together, we aim to embrace the future.
Sustainable Development Goals 1 and 2
- Mobility of employees from group companies based in underdeveloped countries to developed countries;
- Partnerships with associations and NGOs aimed at combating poverty and hunger in all countries where RF operates;
- Integration into society of "homeless," "unemployed," and/or individuals in precarious situations or poverty.
Sustainable Development Goals 3 and 4
- Partnership with Associations/Companies/NGOs (Africa);
- Contest/Scholarship for employees' children (Africa) for access to higher education/vocational training;
- Presentation of solutions using sustainable systems (energy and water) to the governments of the countries where the Group operates, such as Angola and Mozambique.
Sustainable Development Goal 5
- Promotion of Gender Equality in the Construction Sector.
Sustainable Development Goal 6
- Presentation of solutions for the installation of water treatment plants and wastewater treatment
Sustainable Development Goals 7
- Establishment of Project Earth.
- Creating solutions for a better future by reconciling development and sustainability. Seeking environmentally-friendly, technologically advanced solutions.
Sustainable Development Goals 8
- Investment in training and knowledge sharing;
- Participation in and visits to trade fairs;
- Search for methodologies/tools to increase productivity, quality, and resource efficiency;
- Reinforcement of the digitization of all processes and procedures across all departments and geographies.
Sustainable Development Goals 9 and 11
- Promote the use of sustainable mobility, whenever possible community-based and, if unable to transition to electric vehicles;
- Collaboration with Governmental Entities to promote monthly public transport passes in Angola;
- Internal awareness of waste recycling and resource usage;
- Establish free charging points for electric bikes/scooters within the company and encourage scooter rental companies to create points near the company headquarters.
Sustainable Development Goals 10
- Promote training to reduce inequality of work between geographies and increase access to the same resources and opportunities.
Sustainable Development Goals 12, 13, 14, and 15
- In the purchasing process, include methodologies to ensure the life cycle: raw materials + production + transportation + installation (construction) + maintenance (with consideration for the end of product life);
- Partnerships with Associations / Companies / NGOs whose objective is the protection of terrestrial life and create internal awareness so that employees can also support projects;
- Participate in initiatives such as beach and forest clean-ups;
- Awareness campaigns to reduce material consumption (e.g., plastic), reuse materials, and reduce waste in construction.
Sustainable Development Goal 16
- Continue public petitions for a better world and help build trust in institutions;
- Share the values of the RF Group with all employees, as well as the dissemination of ethical and moral best practices by everyone.
Sustainable Development Goal 17
- Promote partnerships with other companies (suppliers, customers, etc.).
Project Earth. Embracing the future with the new generations.
This Ramos Ferreira project reflects a new attitude and materializes the sustainability strategy for the coming years, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals - SDGs.
We want to be part of a new era that reconciles development and sustainability.
The use of natural resources such as sun and rain is a concern in all projects, also involving the use of smarter, more sustainable, and technologically advanced construction elements.
Project Earth operates as a program, bringing together a multidisciplinary team that carries out an integrated study to optimize and synchronize the entire process.
Together, we will embrace the future in a more sustainable way.